SubjectRe: [patch] John A. Martin no longer maintains the CREDITS file
On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 10:14:25AM -0400, John A. Martin wrote:

> Adrian> This information seems to be quite outdated.
> Adrian> cu
> Adrian> Adrian
>
> I cannot remember the last time I've seen a request for CREDITS file
> maintenance. The frequency of requests seemed to drop off sharply at
> some point several years ago, perhaps when access to CVS was
> broadened, IIRC.
>
> I'd be more than happy to continue/resume maintenance of the CREDITS
> file if that is wanted.
> I have not been reading linux-kernel mail regularly for a while but
> I'm looking at gmane.linux.kernel now and sending this followup that
> way.
>
> Please let me know if my help with the CREDITS file is still wanted.

The CREDITS file changes usually come from the people listed, and new
people are most often added as part of the patch that adds the code
they've written.

Your work in the past is appreciated, but effectively Linus and Andrew
maintain the CREDITS file today.

> jam

cu
Adrian