SubjectRe: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> That was what I was implying. Example:
>
> me: Andrew this is the quit-smoking-patch-0.1.diff
> Andrew: Where's your signature? Go read Documentation/xxx and repost the signed version
> me: Oke doke. Reading ...
> me: There you go, here's quit-smoking-patch-0.2.diff with the required signature

Yes. On the other hand, I'm really hoping that since the whole procedure
is so simple, after a few times this has happened, people will just do the
sign-off without even thinking about it. So the "come back with a
signed-off version" case hopoefully doesn't happen too much.

So we'll have it for a while (and I'll probably add a check to my "apply"
scripts to _check_ for the sign-off thing at least for anything bigger
than a few lines), but I'm _hoping_ that in half a year people will wonder
why we even discussed this.

And I might be wrong. Maybe it's just going to be a constant irritant, and
we'll have to just revisit the issue and decide that it was a stupid idea.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.116 / U:0.704 seconds]