    SubjectData loss on IDE drive after crash
    Hi,

    I am running Fedora Core 2 on an Athlon 2500+ machine with Samsung
    Spinpoint SP0411N 40GB hard drive. When trying to configure the X
    server for an Nvidia card, the machine froze (this is not the problem).
    Since I did not have access to any other machines on the network at the
    time, I hard rebooted it.

    At that point, I had my X configuration file open. My root partition is
    a small ext2 partition, and on reboot the machine fscked this partition
    and gave me a message like "Deleted i-node for /etc/X11/xOrg.conf
    CLEARED" (This is from memory). On reboot, I found that the X config
    file mentioned above had been erased. Not a trace of it remained..:-)

    I don't know if this is a known issue, but I sure would like to hear an
    explanation. The kernel is the stock kernel provided along with Fedora
    Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358).

    Problem is. I can't do more testing for this. This is a machine I use
    extensively and I don't want the yank the power on it too much.

    Thanks,
    --Gopi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:64.108 seconds]