SubjectData loss on IDE drive after crash
Hi,

I am running Fedora Core 2 on an Athlon 2500+ machine with Samsung
Spinpoint SP0411N 40GB hard drive. When trying to configure the X
server for an Nvidia card, the machine froze (this is not the problem).
Since I did not have access to any other machines on the network at the
time, I hard rebooted it.

At that point, I had my X configuration file open. My root partition is
a small ext2 partition, and on reboot the machine fscked this partition
and gave me a message like "Deleted i-node for /etc/X11/xOrg.conf
CLEARED" (This is from memory). On reboot, I found that the X config
file mentioned above had been erased. Not a trace of it remained..:-)

I don't know if this is a known issue, but I sure would like to hear an
explanation. The kernel is the stock kernel provided along with Fedora
Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358).

Problem is. I can't do more testing for this. This is a machine I use
extensively and I don't want the yank the power on it too much.

Thanks,
--Gopi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.040 / U:0.284 seconds]