SubjectRe: [RFC] Filesystem with multiple mount-points
On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 05:04:52PM +0100, Sean Neakums wrote:
> GNU/Dizzy <dizzy@roedu.net> writes:
>
> > How about mounting the big volume somewhere and using -o bind to mount
> > some paths within it in different places of your needs ? I know that -o
> > bind doesnt honor -o ro yet but if you really needed maybe you can make a
> > patch for that, I for one would be very interested about that.
>
> Herbert Poetzl's bind mount extensions should fit the bill here.
> I am unsure of the current status of the patches, though.

current status is simple, there are patches for
kernel 2.4 and 2.6 available, maybe a little outdated
but that should not be too hard to fix, if there is
some interest (so let me know ;).

I started to prepare those patches for inclusion
in mainline, but the first patch (atime) still has
not been included so I delayed the other patches,
because I do not want to walk an empty mile ...

best,
Herbert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.060 / U:0.176 seconds]