    SubjectRe: [RFC] Filesystem with multiple mount-points
    On Sun, 2 May 2004, GNU/Dizzy wrote:

    > > for filesystem metadata, journals... Making those directories soft-links
    > > into one writable partition would work, but is not too nice.
    >
    > How about mounting the big volume somewhere and using -o bind to mount
    > some paths within it in different places of your needs ? I know that -o
    > bind doesnt honor -o ro yet but if you really needed maybe you can make a
    > patch for that, I for one would be very interested about that.
    > check "man mount" about more information about "bind"
    >
    > Also notice that linux (starting with some 2.3.x version if I remember
    > well) already supports multiple mount points for a given "source" like
    > mount /dev/hda1 /mnt1
    > mount /dev/hda1 /mnt2 and so on

    See "not nice" above. With the proposed option I would like to avoid
    having one file appear at multiple paths. IOW each file would appear in no
    more than 1 place in the tree.

    Guennadi
    ---
    Guennadi Liakhovetski

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.020 / U:119.568 seconds]