SubjectNFS deadlock
Hello there

I've once again got problems with the kernel locking up. I'm now
convinced that it has something to do with NFS.

Previously weve had 2 machines that locked up, plus my one at home,
resulting in three machines. Sometimes they would recover by themselves
after some time, other times they could be left for 2 days or so without
recovering. All three of these use NFS to export files to other
machines, it's the only thing we can find they have in common, other
that x86 architecture, but then other machines would be dying as well.
It should be noted that none of these runs on the newest hardware, but
that should not matter, neither does any of our other servers. We have
a 3rd NFS server, which doesn't take nearly as heavy load via NFS. I've
been wondering why it hasn't locked up either, and this morning (right
now in fact) it has decided that it is it's turn and is currently unusable.

If anybody else is experiencing similar problems, or have possible work
arounds, it would be appreciated if you could share your knowledge.

Jaco

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full details.
Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.

[unhandled content-type:application/x-pkcs7-signature]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.062 / U:0.120 seconds]