SubjectVM documentation and book

A long time ago, I told a number of people that I was asked to write a
book based on the Linux VM documentation I had up on . I am happy to announce that this
book is finished and now available in online stores
( Yes, this is a plug! It is
published under the OPL as per the criteria of the Bruce Perens Open Book
Series ( meaning it will be available for free
download after 90 days. In other words, I intended for it to be easily
available like the online documentation was but the option of having your
own shiny printed copy is there :)

The information on the web site will remain as it is for people that want
to read it but the book has a lot more information in it including TLB
management, shared memory filesystem, a lot more code commentary and extra
material and clarifications throughout the whole book. Each chapter also
has information on the 2.6 kernel as was known around about 2.6.0-test4
which will help anyone trying to figure out the more recent code for

It has been fun and I hope people enjoy the final result.

Mel Gorman

Mel Gorman