    SubjectRe: 2.6.6-mm2
    On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 04:25:40AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Wim explained that any application changes now won't be widely deployed for
    > another year. During that period the ability to run existing Oracle setups
    > requires that hugepage allocation be available to unprivileged
    > applications.
    > It means that if people install a kernel.org machine on their database
    > server, the database *just won't work*. This is not good for those users,
    > for the kernel developers or for Linux's reputation in general.

    That sounds silly when talking about Oracle.

    Oracle says:
    Which Kernels are supported?

    Oracle does not support modified or recompiled kernels. Recompiled
    kernels are not supported with or without source modifications.

    I doubt there are many "existing Oracle setups" that will risk to lose
    all Oracle support by installing a different kernel.

    And AFAIK Oracle currently supports not a single distribution that ships
    with kernel 2.6.

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.