SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] inotify -- a dnotify replacement
On Mon, 10 May 2004, John McCutchan wrote:

> > 3) dnotify cannot easily watch changes for a directory hierarchy
>
> People don't seem to really care about this one. Alexander Larsson has
> said he doesn't care about it. It might be nice to add in the future.

Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Alexander Larsson? A dnotify
replacement that does not have the ability to watch for a hierarchy is
pretty much useless. Or do you want to drop thousands of single watches to
accomplish that?

- Davide

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans