SubjectRE: IPv4 and IPv6 stack multi-FIB, scalable in the million of entries.
Date
 Hi,

Just run the join script on your favorite 2.4 kernel.

RTNETLINK answers: Cannot allocate memory
RTNETLINK answers: Cannot allocate memory
RTNETLINK answers: Cannot allocate memory
[root@tom tmp]# ip -6 route | wc -l
4094
[root@tom tmp]#

And after 4094 IPv6 routes you will the get the same.

For the PMTU, the info can't be retain in the route himself. The PTMU
is base on DIP not on the current network routing. So it must be kept in a
separate hash struct with expire time. _BUT_ you must not flush all the
entries each time a route is added or deleted like in the current
implementation.

/mathieu

-------------------------------
#!/bin/csh
echo #!/bin/sh
set addr1=0
set addr2=1
while ($addr1 < 256)
while ($addr2 < 256)
echo ip -f inet6 route add 2000:${addr1}::${addr2}/128 dev eth0
@ addr2++
end
set addr2=0
@ addr1++