    SubjectRe: kernel stack challenge

    --- David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> wrote:
    > On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:34:50PM -0700, Sergiy
    > Lozovsky wrote:
    > >
    > > --- Horst von Brand <vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
    > > > Sergiy Lozovsky <serge_lozovsky@yahoo.com> said:
    > > >
    > > > Why do you think it has been 2 pages (8KiB) for
    > as
    > > > long as I remember
    > > > (essentially forever in Linux), and it has taken
    > > > _lot_ of work to shrink
    > > > it to 4KiB (- size of *current)?
    > >
    > > I described the possible solution (virtual stack)
    > > which can easily take care of this problem for
    > some
    > > subsystems, or am I wrong. If code doesn't
    > allocate
    > > big buffers in stack my solution can make
    > conversion
    > > of existing code possible without _lot_ of work.
    > (I'm
    > > lazy - remember :-)
    >
    > You know, to me the combination of lazy programmer
    > rhymes poorly with
    > well-written code and security audits.

    Don't take my non technical comments too seriously.
    Life is too short to be serious all the time. If I was
    not successful in making a joke - sorry.

    (there was an old joke that programmers are very lazy
    people - they don't like to work, so they write
    programs and computers work for them; I just quoted
    this joke).

    Serge.