    SubjectRe: Rewrite Kernel
    On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 14:54, Mohamed Aslan wrote:
    > i wanna to rewrite a version of linux kernel from scratch in assembly for intel 386+ fo speed and a libc also in assembly for speed
    > what do u think guys

    this would be insanity. i would rather look at optimizing some of the
    code from the kernel.

    or, as mentioned before, write a new OS.
    all OS:s today has some problems, and unix isnt ideal. neither is the
    other ones, like windows or macos, which is based on BSD.

    i believe that a team of coders, on full time to on some years, create a
    new operating system, that could easily compete with unix's and windows.
    but, ofcourse, this would require all development to stop on linux(if
    the linux developers should do it).
    and that isnt possible. so therefore development goes on to just do the
    best thing possible with what we got today.

    Regards, Redeeman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.022 / U:30.136 seconds]