SubjectRe: kernel stack challenge
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:16:03 PDT, Sergiy Lozovsky said:

> My code works during system calls (before the real
> one). Interrupts are enabled. If it enters the loop
> scheduler still can switch tasks (using timer for
> example). If it doesn't work in such way I can easily
> call schedule(); implicitly after some time limit will
> be reached - it's VM, so it's easy to do such things.

Yes, but your security manager is *still* in an infinite loop, and eventually
you *will* come to a grinding halt, as each process gets queued up waiting for
a decision from the security manager.

As an aside, the original posting said it was a restricted subset of Lisp that
didn't include recursion. Aside from the technical difficulties of detecting
two or more routines that mutually recurse, it's unclear that Lisp without
recursion is at all interesting or useful....

This is sounding more and more like the old adage: "When all you have
is a hammer, everything starts looking like a thumb".

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:1.979 / U:0.008 seconds]