    SubjectRe: kernel stack challenge

    --- Horst von Brand <vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
    > Sergiy Lozovsky <serge_lozovsky@yahoo.com> said:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > > No matter what particular LISP program does - it
    > can't
    > > crash the kernel - C code can do that easily.
    >
    > If the policy check goes into an infinite loop, the
    > kernel proper isn't
    > technically crashed, but useless anyway. And if you
    > can prove that can't
    > happen, you just solved the halting problem.
    > Congratulation!

    My code works during system calls (before the real
    one). Interrupts are enabled. If it enters the loop
    scheduler still can switch tasks (using timer for
    example). If it doesn't work in such way I can easily
    call schedule(); implicitly after some time limit will
    be reached - it's VM, so it's easy to do such things.

    So, it's my pleasure to accept your congratulations
    :-) Thanks.

    Serge.