SubjectRe: Upgrading to 2.6 from Debian Woody (Was: No Subject)
Date
On Thursday 29 April 2004 05:03, whitehorse@mustika.net wrote:
>  I have a problem in compiling kernel 2.6.4 from kernel 2.4.19. I use
>  Debian woody. When I rebooting new kernel, some message occur such:
>  "modprobe: QM_MODULES: function not implemented"
>  and I can't load my modules when boot. I would like to waiting any one who
>  answer this. Please send to this mail. Thanks

I bet your problems would be solved by upgrading your dist to sid, as woody is
pretty old, and does not contain the all the fixes in sid. Although I could
be wrong, and all your troubles might be solved by a 'apt-get install
modules-init-tools', in any case it is you distribution that is the problem,
not the linux kernel, so please report this to the appropriate mailing list
or support forum.

Another point would be that this is really a distribuition problem, and
usually is solved by searching the appriopriate mailing list or forum.

Kenneth

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.052 / U:0.588 seconds]