SubjectRe: What does tainting actually mean?
Hi.

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:02:55 -0400, Chris Siebenmann
<cks@utcc.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> What happens when a binary module thinks it knows the size of a
> structure and is wrong? What happens when a binary module has a
> concurrency problem, in any of the many forms they manifest in the Linux
> kernel?

Good points. It could be really difficult to trace the cause of those
issues. But hard/too much effort != impossible. For every entry point to
the module we have a known state of the system prior to and after the
call. We could potentially checksum the whole of memory before and after
and find out exactly what the module has changed.

Anyway, I'm going to drop this conversation now. Work to do :>

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
C/- Westminster Presbyterian Church Belconnen