SubjectRe: I oppose Chris and Jeff's patch to add an unnecessary additional namespace to ReiserFS
Date
HR> V4 fixed all of V3's serious performance flaws, and totally obsoletes
HR> it. I am very happy with it.

So if you consider it obsolete and not interesting any more, why not
hand the de jure maintainership over to Chris? He has been the de facto
mainatainer for a long time.

I find that Reiserfs V3 has just become mature enough in the last half a
year to actually trust my data to it - maybe even on non-x86. Reiserfs
V4 would take some years to gain this trust so I see a real potential
user base for V3 and refusing further development of it seems unwise.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@linux.ee)