    SubjectRe: Load hid.o module synchronously?
    On Monday 26 April 2004 22:10, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:

    > For example, I invoke "modprobe hid" to make my USB keyboard work.
    > This loads the module and exits immediately, causing my script to
    > proceed, before the USB keyboard is probed and ready.
    > I want to wait until the driver is finished initializing (i.e., a USB
    > keyboard is either found or not found) before my script continues.
    > How can I do that?
    > I seem to be having similar problems loading certain other modules
    > (PCMCIA, Ethernet), but hid.o is the only one for which I have not
    > found a convenient workaround.

    Well, this isn't what you wanted to hear :-) but I use sleep on my
    PCMCIA/nfsroot boot initrds. Sleeping for 3-5 seconds is enough for the
    modules to load properly and it won't slow down the boot too much either...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.048 / U:3.980 seconds]