    SubjectRe: [Pcihpd-discuss] [RFC] New sysfs tree for hotplug
    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:30:57 +0100
    Matthew Wilcox <> wrote:

    > On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:18:16PM +0900, Keiichiro Tokunaga wrote:
    > > That's right. /sys/devices/hotplug/ACPI/ tree becomes hard-wired one. I was
    > > thinking to define the board by using ACPI (as a "generic container device" in
    > > ACPI namespace). Therefore, if there is the new tree I proposed in the kernel,
    > > it would be easy to represent the hierarchy, and a directory for the board
    > > appears in the new tree. So I thought that we could put an control file to
    > > invoke the board hotplug and an information file under the directory.
    > > (Actually, I've made a rough patch for the new tree and it seems to work fine:)
    > > I also thought that interface for hotplug could be unified so that it would become
    > > easier for user to use.
    > Have you seen Alex Williamson's patch to fill out the /sys/firmware/acpi tree?

    Yes, I have. I understand he's trying to expose objects and control methods
    under /sys/firmware/acpi/namespace/ACPI/ tree and user can access it. Actually,
    I'm interested in hotplug part he mentioned and wondering if it's possible to
    run _EJ0 method without any hotplug processing. That's what I know so far,
    since I didn't know he has already relased the new patch. Thanks for the
    information, I'll take a look at that :)

    I'm sorry for the crossposting. I just wanted to hear from every hotplug related
    people as possible... Now I'm sending this to you and lkml.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.021 / U:10.480 seconds]