SubjectRe: [OOPS/HACK] atmel_cs and the latest changes in sysfs/symlink.c
Hi Russell,

> > I haven't tested it yet, but the same problem should apply to the
> > bt3c_cs driver for the 3Com Bluetooth card. Are there any patches
> > available that integrates the PCMCIA subsystem into the driver model, so
> > we don't have to hack around it if a firmware download is needed?
>
> Not yet. It's something we're working towards, but its going to be
> some time yet. There's a fair queue of long outstanding patches
> which need to be processed first.
>
> Plus, before we can consider driver model in PCMCIA, we need to get
> the object lifetimes properly sorted.

should we apply the pcmcia_get_sys_device() patch from Dmitry for now to
fix the current drivers that need a device for loading the firmware?

Regards

Marcel

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.366 / U:0.072 seconds]