SubjectRe: /dev/psaux-Interface
Quite heated discussion, which is why I've avoided it =) But just to
clarify my intentions... Dmitry raised some valid issues about the problems
in the current version of psaux driver. I might try fixing some/all of
them, however I believe I got a better idea.

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Sau Dan Lee wrote:

>I second! Let's free /dev/psaux. We want the /dev/psaux as in 2.4,
>2.2, 2.0, ... We don't want a faked, censored one as in 2.6.0--5.

We shouldn't want _the_ /dev/psaux, but something similar, possibly
better. What I'm after (and probably Sau Dan Lee too) is direct access to
at least psaux-port.

My idea is to modify serio to expose all (or at least all unconnected)
ports into userspace, where programs can write/read them just like the
/dev/psaux before. Then it's just matter of symlinking /dev/psaux into
correct device.

The biggest problem as I see is that this is much more intrusive change and
a standalone kernel driver (as psaux.ko currently is) is impossible.

I'll be back when I have some code, before that, all suggestions are
welcome (special thanks for Dmitry for insights).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.059 / U:0.296 seconds]