SubjectRe: vger.kernel.org is listed by spamcop
Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com> writes:
> I'm certain than vger got listed on spamcop due to linux-kernel
> subscribers reporting to spamcop some of the spam that leaked onto
> lkml, through Matti's strict filters.

Does that mean that spamcop does no verification of user reports?

I was under the impression that it's fairly easy to automatically check
whether a particular host is an open-relay or not, so it would seem kind
of irresponsible for spamcop not to do this if some people are relying
on their lists to do blocking (even if there's a disclaimer saying not
to do that, clearly people are ignorant or dumb, so why not play it safe?).

-Miles
--
P.S. All information contained in the above letter is false,
for reasons of military security.