    SubjectRe: stack dumps, CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER and i386 (was Re: sysrq shows impossible call stack)
    Adam Litke <agl@us.ibm.com> wrote:

    > On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 18:41, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:

    > > > Good, but it needs to be updated to do the right thing with 4k stacks when
    > > > called from interrupt context.
    >
    > The show_trace() for the CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER case will now be called
    > the same way as the existing code.

    I still don't see any code in there to handle the transition from the
    interrupt stack page to the non-interrupt stack page in the 4k-stacks case?

    > This brings up a question though.
    > It doesn't appear to me that anyone is actually calling
    > show_trace_task() yet. Am I missing something or should we change all
    > the callers of show_trace() to use show_trace_task()?

    You're right - we've killed off all of its callers. Neat. I shall
    administer the coup de grace.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.034 / U:0.232 seconds]