SubjectRe: vger.kernel.org is listed by spamcop
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Graham Murray wrote:

> Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> writes:
>
> > The spamcop report page seems to say that the listings are due to user
> > reports; could the real problem be clueless users who don't understand
> > the difference above?
>
> They also tell you that you MUST NOT report spam received through a
> mailing list. Only the mailing list administrators are supposed to
> report spam sent to a mailing list.
> -

Spam-Cop is another Nazi-like organization that is clue-less.
For instance, my email address and practically every email address
in the known universe is routinely stolen by the spammers to do
their dirty work. In the past month, I've gotten more email from
the black-listers, telling me that I've been black-listed, than
SPAM in a year! They just generate FUD.

The company network administrator has been informed many times;
"YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Lawsuits may follow!" with big threatening
letters about my machines defecating on the Internet. Yawn.

Eventually very machine that routes on the Internet will filter and
drop any packets that have my email or IP address. They will claim
that my Linux machines, using pine, are infested with W$WORM-crap. I
already have worm-mongers trying to sell me anti-virus software, claiming
that my machine is infecting the universe.

FYI, the open-source SpamCop project was killed. Some other
organization claimed the name and became just another Net Nazi.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5557.45 BogoMips).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.076 / U:0.528 seconds]