SubjectRe: logitech mouseMan wheel doesn't work with 2.6.5

> it looks that after update to 2.6.5 kernel (debian source
> package but
> I guess it would be the same with stock 2.6.5) the mouse
> wheel and side
> button on Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel mouse do not work.
I've got a new mouse with a wheel, and I've got the same problem,
though I can't tell if it was working before...

> Here's the most basic/simple situation/symptoms:
> I stop X, read bytes from /dev/psaux (c program, using open and
> read). for each mouse action there are few bytes read, usually number
Could you provide me with the program so that I can test too ?

> BTW X windows is confused in the same way (I guess because that's
> what it gets from kernel driver - using xev I found that it
> thinks the
> sidebutton is button 2 and that turning the wheel is not an
> event at all).
Got the same : wheel is no-op :-(

I guess I should try a stock 2.4.x kernel to see if it working or