    SubjectRe: CFQ iosched praise: good perfomance and better latency
    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > Pedro Larroy wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I've been trying CFQ ioscheduler in my software raid5 with nice
    >> results,
    >> I've observed that a latency pattern still exists, just as in the
    >> anticipatory ioscheduler, but those spikes are now much lower (from
    >> 6ms with AS to 2ms with CFQ as seen in the bottom of
    >> plus apps seems to get a fair amount of io so they don't get starved.
    >> Seems a good choice for io loaded boxes. Thanks Jens Axboe.
    > Although AS isn't at its best when behind raid devices (it should
    > probably be in front of them), you could be seeing some problem
    > with the raid code.

    Hrm. So, if AS isn't a good to have behind RAID devices, but is
    reasonable before them, is there any easy way to configure a system like

    I don't see an easy way to change the IO scheduler on a per-device basis

    A wonderful discovery, psychoanalysis.
    Makes quite simple people feel they're complex.
    -- S. N. Behrman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.023 / U:5.476 seconds]