SubjectRe: elevator=as, or actually gpm doesn't get time from scheduler???
Antti Lankila wrote:

> My X reads gpmdata, so perhaps that's the problem? I now undercut gpm in
> order to examine the situation, and my system behaves _perfectly_ as far as
> I can see. The mouse issues are all gone. (gpm is still running in the
> background, X just reads psaux directly. As I have understood, this is
> possible in 2.6 while in 2.4 it caused a problem for multiple readers.)
>
> I progress from now by removing gpm on all my systems. There's still the
> issue what gpm (or maybe kernel's scheduler) is doing wrong, I suppose.
> Nevertheless, gpm is virtually useless for me and has so far caused far more
> grief than its utility has ever been worth.
>
> I'm sorry for having wasted your time with this.

Not at all, thank you for reporting the problem.

It seems the CPU scheduler is a bit fragile when there
are a number of interrelated processes. Note: I don't
know whether my scheduler fixes this case or not, it might
just be a difficult problem.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.054 / U:0.776 seconds]