SubjectRe: Questions : disk partition re-reading
Christian Kröner wrote:

>On Sunday 18 April 2004 15:24, you wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have 2 questions about disk partitioning under linux 2.6.x :
>>
>>1/ Is it possible to alter a disk partition of a used disk and beeing
>>able to use the modified partition without having to reboot the box?
>>
>>2/ Is it possible to delete a disk partition without having the
>>partition numbers changed?
>>
>>My box is an AMD 2500+/Asus board with FC1 / 2.6.5.
>>
>>Do I need to upgrade fdisk or use an other utility? Or do I need to
>>apply a kernel patch?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Remi
>>-
>>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>>the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>

>All this is possible...
>Use fdisk or cfdisk for editing the partition table and, if youre root
>partition doesnt reside on the disk, simply use hdparm to let the kernel
>reread the partition table. You can start formatting the new partitions right
>after that...
>cheers, christian.

Christian,

I have modified a partition with fdisk.
Then, I have tried to update the in memory partitioning informations,
but I have the following error message :

# hdparm -z /dev/hdb

/dev/hdb:
BLKRRPART failed : Device or resource busy

An other partition is used on the same disk.

Regards,
Remi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.131 / U:0.152 seconds]