SubjectRe: poor sata performance on 2.6

> I'm almost ready to buy separate controller, but all that I could find nearby
> are based on the same Silicon Image chipset

I do recomend Promise's SATA controller cards. The kernel drivers are excellent
imho. As well as my onboard Promise TX2, I'm using a thei S150 SX4 RAID5
capable controller in my file server. A controlle ard should be easy enough to
finnd online. I shop at Good prices, highly rcommended.

I'm gonna take a look at your .config as soon as I get back to my own computer.

This mail sent through IMP: