    SubjectRe: disable-cap-mlock
    Chris Wright <chrisw@osdl.org> wrote:

    > * Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de) wrote:
    > > Oracle needs this sysctl, I designed it and Ken Chen implemented it. I
    > > guess google also won't dislike it.
    > >
    > > This is a lot simpler than the mlock rlimit and this is people really
    > > need (not the rlimit). The rlimit thing can still be applied on top of
    > > this. This should be more efficient too (besides its simplicity).
    > >
    > > can you apply to mainline?
    >
    > This patch seems like the wrong hack to work around missing mlock rlimit
    > functionality. Wouldn't it be better to fix the core problem, and leave
    > this patch out of mainline? I agree with Rik, such a fix (mlock/rlimit)
    > will make all the gpg users feel warm and fuzzy ;-)

    Rumour has it that the more exhasperated among us are brewing up a patch to
    login.c which will allow capabilities to be retained after the setuid. So
    you do

    echo "oracle CAP_IPC_LOCK" > /etc/logincap.conf

    And that's it.

    See any reason why this won't work?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.021 / U:29.992 seconds]