SubjectRe: disable-cap-mlock
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:07:05PM -0800, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de) wrote:
> > Oracle needs this sysctl, I designed it and Ken Chen implemented it. I
> > guess google also won't dislike it.
> >
> > This is a lot simpler than the mlock rlimit and this is people really
> > need (not the rlimit). The rlimit thing can still be applied on top of
> > this. This should be more efficient too (besides its simplicity).
> >
> > can you apply to mainline?
>
> This patch seems like the wrong hack to work around missing mlock rlimit
> functionality. Wouldn't it be better to fix the core problem, and leave
> this patch out of mainline? I agree with Rik, such a fix (mlock/rlimit)
> will make all the gpg users feel warm and fuzzy ;-)

please elaborate how can you account for shmget(SHM_HUGETLB) with the
rlimit. The rlimit is just about the _address_space_ mlocked, there's no
way to account for something _outside_ the address space with the rlimit,
period. If you attempt doing that, _that_ will be THE true hack(tm) ;).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.147 / U:22.380 seconds]