    SubjectRE: disable-cap-mlock
    Date

    > If it's for access to SHM_HUGETLB

    This is the main reason.

    > then there was some discussion about
    > extending the uid= thing to shm, but nothing happened. This could be
    > resurrected.

    We have tried doing that, in fact, I have worked on this on and off for
    a while, none of the solutions we came up with are clean enough.

    > I guess we could live with sysctl which simply nukes CAP_IPC_LOCK, but
    > it has to be the when-all-else-failed option, yes?

    Very much agreed, I also very much in agreement with wli that the user
    level tool need a major improvement. These CAP_* hook has been in the
    kernel for ages (since 2.4?), but the user land tool seems fossilized.
    Last time I tried libcap (about two weeks ago), it segv on me.

    - Ken

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.022 / U:29.224 seconds]