SubjectRe: kgdb for mainline kernel: core-lite [patch 1/3]
Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 04:50:18PM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:
>
>>On Monday 08 Mar 2004 4:37 pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
>>
>>>"Amit S. Kale" <amitkale@emsyssoft.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]

>>>Yes, I'd consider `info threads' support a must-have. I'm rather surprised
>>>that others do not?
>>
>>Present threads support code changes calling convention of do_IRQ. Most
>>believe that to be an absolute no.
>

> I believe that George's version does something totally different, with
> some macros at compile time (and binutils support, I _think_) to not
> have to change do_IRQ.

No, nothing at compile time, at least WRT the threads issue. There is a
completely different problem with backtracing through an interrupt or trap. I
have sent the patch for that which makes only minimal changes to code (one line
I think, and that an asm line). The rest is a dwarft2 set of code to build the
frame description for the trap/interrupt frame.

--
George Anzinger george@mvista.com