    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.26-pre2
    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:05:09 +0100, David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> wrote:

    >> >Ugly warts don't become any less ugly just because gcc accepts them...
    >>
    >> Mixing code and declarations is also c99. For (a sane) gcc specifically,
    >> you have to tell it -std=c89 -pedantic to have it even complain.
    >
    > Ok, didn't know that. Still doesn't make it any less ugly, though.
    > There are quite a lot of things that a valid in C. That doesn't mean
    > they should be used...

    C99 is C++ish. I have my experience with these methods after following
    the PopularCppWays for some time. HellIsThisCrap which I wrote a pain
    to maintain...

    When a function is short and concise, there is no need to worry about
    the few variables at the top.

    Regards
    Michael

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.025 / U:68.216 seconds]