SubjectRe: Is there some bug in ext3 in 2.4.25?

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 14:06, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> This sounds like memory corruption (which could be caused by a misbehaving
> driver or by flaky hardware) because transaction->t_ilist is not used at
> all by the kernel code. Did this box run stable with other kernels?

Sounds like bad memory to me. The only other report of this I've seen
was at

and that machine didn't pass memtest86.

> Stephen, Andrew, any idea how can transaction->t_ilist become not NULL?

Bad hardware is about the only way I can think of. If it was a random
kernel memory scribble, you'd expect it to show up in other places too:
the transaction struct is a very very long-lived struct, you wouldn't
expect it to be the only place to show up slab corruptions.