SubjectRe: Unregistering interfaces
On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 04:08:53PM -0800, David Brownell wrote:
> Alan Stern wrote:
>
> > I'm in favor of changing the behavior of sysfs, so that either it
> >refuses to delete directories that contain subdirectories or else it
> >recursively deletes the subdirectories first. At this point nothing has
> >been settled.
>
> Hmm, certainly I agree khubd should be deleting things bottom-up.
>
> Are you say it isn't doing that already? Or that it's trying to,
> but something's preventing that from working?

Look at everything that hangs off of usb devices in the sysfs tree that
the usb core knows nothing about (scsi hosts, tty devices, etc.)

Anyway, it's working properly now, and is why I added that kobject
parent patch a long time ago (which Alan still seems to think is
incorrect...)

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:1.731 / U:0.016 seconds]