SubjectRe: 2.4: kernel BUG at inode.c:334!
On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 04:51:57PM +0200, Jaco Kroon wrote:

> So this seems to be a more general problem (My co-worker suspects ext3 -
> since this bug report started with xfs that might not be the case). The
> only pattern we are seeing between all of these is that they serve as
> nfs servers (but on mine at home it still dies, even when not serving
> nfs - it still is a nfs client when it dies though), are not the newest
> and greatest machines and all of them use ext3 as their root file
> system. Oh, also, usually shortly after, or during, intensive disk io -
> which match up with what Mika mentioned. I've also tried disabling
> IO-APIC (which we're not even sure is supported, but APIC is), as well
> as pre-empting.
>
> We don't suspect nfs on the production machines anymore since we managed
> to trash the nfs exported dir for about an hour (keeping the server at
> load average 8.5) which makes use of reiserfs - we might've been lucky
> though. In almost all the cases these exports are relatively big
> though, and I noticed there is a problem there as well (We don't get the
> magical 1000 number quite yet).
>
> Is there anything else I should/can take a look at? Is there any other
> way in which I can help find the problem? If I can just get somewhere
> to start ... (The patch below doesn't apply to 2.6 as far as I can see).
>
> Apologies for the essay.

Jaco,

The "kernel BUG at inode.c:340" problem is fixed in 2.4.26-rc1.
If that was what you were hitting, can you try that on your servers

About the other crashes, its hard to help without more information. Try attaching
a serial cable to the box for serial console.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.047 / U:2.344 seconds]