    SubjectRe: kgdb support in vanilla 2.6.2
    Amit S. Kale wrote:
    > On Wednesday 03 Mar 2004 5:22 am, George Anzinger wrote:
    >
    >>Andrew Morton wrote:

    >>>Yes, that can be confusing. A little printk on the console prior to
    >>>entering the debugger would be nice.
    >>
    >>That assumes that one can do a printk and not run into a lock. Far better
    >>IMNSHO is to provide a simple way to get it from gdb. One can then even
    >>provide a gdb macro to print the relevant source line and its surrounds. I
    >>my lighter moments I call this the comefrom macro :) In my kgdb it would
    >>look like:
    >>
    >>l * kgdb_info.called_from
    >

    > How about echoing "Waiting for gdb connection" stright into the serial line
    > without any encoding? Since gdb won't be connected to the other end, and many
    > a times a minicom could be running at the other end, it'll give a user an
    > indication of kgdb being ready.

    Uh, different solution for a different problem. The above command to gdb causes
    the source code around the location "kgdb_info.called_from" to be displayed. In
    the -mm version, this is location is filled in by kgdb with the return address
    for the "kgdb_handle_exception()". This allows you to see just why you are in kgdb.

    --
    George Anzinger george@mvista.com