SubjectRe: Status of the sata_sil driver for the VT8237
Jeff Garzik wrote:

> J. Ryan Earl wrote:
>
>> I was wondering, what is the state of the sata_sil driver for the VIA
>> VT8237 southbridge (ie the one used commonly on their K8T
>> motherboards). Is this still beta? Any known problems with it?
>

> Well prior to the most recent version, calling it "beta" was putting
> it kindly. I would call it broken :) which was why it was marked with
> CONFIG_BROKEN...
>
> As of the most recent 2.6.5-rc2-bk snapshots, libata and sata_sil
> should be pretty happy with each other.

I meant sata_via, I dunno why I said sata_sil; Freudian typo. I was
thinking of the current sii3112 I use, which has been stable and
blazingly fast for awhile with the IDE driver--and a little little patch
I keep applying. I'm looking to upgrade a server with 2 Raptors in it
to an A64 running 64-bit Linux of course. I wanna get the HDs off the
PCI bus and onto the VT8237 southbridge. I was wondering if the driver
for -that southbridge- was still considered beta.

-ryan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.038 / U:2.588 seconds]