On Friday 26 March 2004 04:57 pm, john stultz held forth thus:
> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 15:00, Praedor Atrebates wrote:

> > > Does booting w/ "clock=pit" help?
> I noticed in the dmesg you sent me that you're using the ACPI PM time
> source. There has just recently been a bug opened for a very similar
> issue (see ).
> First of all, scratch trying "clock=pit" and test booting w/
> "clock=tsc". If that resolves the issue, disable ACPI PM timesource
> support (under the ACPI menu) in your kerel and that should fix you for
> the short term.

Hmpf. I'll try the clock=tsc switch next. I did boot using the clock=pit
switch and the clock was normal...but I had also changed the append statement
acpi=on to acpi=off as well. I'll set it back to "on" and try "clock=tsc" in

My bios is very limited. This is a rather old laptop and there is just not a
lot I can do. I'll check it one more time as I reboot.

Thanks for the help.

- --
"George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD
liar and a functional illiterate. And he poops his pants."
- --Barbara Bush, his mother
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)