    On Friday 26 March 2004 04:57 pm, john stultz held forth thus:
    > On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 15:00, Praedor Atrebates wrote:

    > > > Does booting w/ "clock=pit" help?
    > I noticed in the dmesg you sent me that you're using the ACPI PM time
    > source. There has just recently been a bug opened for a very similar
    > issue (see ).
    > First of all, scratch trying "clock=pit" and test booting w/
    > "clock=tsc". If that resolves the issue, disable ACPI PM timesource
    > support (under the ACPI menu) in your kerel and that should fix you for
    > the short term.

    Hmpf. I'll try the clock=tsc switch next. I did boot using the clock=pit
    switch and the clock was normal...but I had also changed the append statement
    acpi=on to acpi=off as well. I'll set it back to "on" and try "clock=tsc" in

    My bios is very limited. This is a rather old laptop and there is just not a
    lot I can do. I'll check it one more time as I reboot.

    Thanks for the help.

    - --
    "George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD
    liar and a functional illiterate. And he poops his pants."
    - --Barbara Bush, his mother
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.020 / U:7.348 seconds]