    On Friday 26 March 2004 04:46 pm, George Anzinger held forth thus:
    > Praedor Atrebates wrote:
    > > In doing a web search on system clock speeds being too high, I found
    > > entries describing exactly what I am experiencing in the linux-kernel
    > > list archives, but have not yet found a resolution.
    > >
    > > I have Mandrake 10.0, kernel-2.6.3-7mdk installed, on an IBM Thinkpad
    > > 1412 laptop, celeron 366, 512MB RAM. I am finding that my system clock
    > > is ticking away at a rate of about 3:1 vs reality, ie, I count ~3 seconds
    > > on the system clock for every 1 real second. I am running ntpd but this
    > > is unable to keep up with the rate of system clock passage.
    > Try this in the boot command line "clock=pmtmr". If that fails, then try
    > "clock=pit".

    What is the difference between the two settings? I used the latter and it
    worked (didn't try "clock=pmtmr").

    - --
    "George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD
    liar and a functional illiterate. And he poops his pants."
    - --Barbara Bush, his mother
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.019 / U:6.700 seconds]