On Friday 26 March 2004 04:46 pm, George Anzinger held forth thus:
> Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> > In doing a web search on system clock speeds being too high, I found
> > entries describing exactly what I am experiencing in the linux-kernel
> > list archives, but have not yet found a resolution.
> >
> > I have Mandrake 10.0, kernel-2.6.3-7mdk installed, on an IBM Thinkpad
> > 1412 laptop, celeron 366, 512MB RAM. I am finding that my system clock
> > is ticking away at a rate of about 3:1 vs reality, ie, I count ~3 seconds
> > on the system clock for every 1 real second. I am running ntpd but this
> > is unable to keep up with the rate of system clock passage.
> Try this in the boot command line "clock=pmtmr". If that fails, then try
> "clock=pit".

What is the difference between the two settings? I used the latter and it
worked (didn't try "clock=pmtmr").

- --
"George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD
liar and a functional illiterate. And he poops his pants."
- --Barbara Bush, his mother
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.085 / U:6.012 seconds]