SubjectRe: Serial ATA status
Fabian Fenaut wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 03:34, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
> > Silicon Image 3112/3114
> > -----------------------
> >
> > libata driver status: Alpha.
> >
> > drivers/ide driver status: Production, but see issue #4.
> >
> > Issue #4: Need to have the most recent fixes posted to lkml, for stable
> > operation and full performance (where possible).
>

> Is the libata driver still considered as alpha ? Are you progressively
> updating some documentation on the sata drivers status ?

Given my recent work in bug fixing, and in isolating some problems to
the platform rather than libata, the Silicon Image driver will be moving
to beta, and the CONFIG_BROKEN marker removed, as soon as 2.6.5 kernel
is out.

With the latest patches, I would say status of sata_sil is now "beta".

To answer your other question, yes, I progressive update the document
you quoted to reflect updates in the status of the various drivers.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.150 / U:0.020 seconds]