    SubjectRe: swsusp with highmem, testing wanted

    > I'd need to do atomic copy. (Unless someone can guarantee that during
    > writing to disk, no highmem page is going to be changed...)
    > "copy back" during resume is done in assembly, and I'd rather not
    > dealed with highmem there.

    Can you make that an option ? The PPC version runs in real mode and
    can perfectly copy highmem pages (with small tweaks maybe)

    > OTOH, if it possible to guarantee that highmem pages do not change
    > during reads/writes to disk, I might be able to get away without this
    > copy.

    I also think we free too much memory btw (and spend too much time
    trying to free memory). Have you looked at some of Nigel stuffs in
    swsusp2 ? There may be good ideas to borrow...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.018 / U:254.580 seconds]