    SubjectRe: "Enhanced" MD code avaible for review
    On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:26:47PM +1100, Neil Brown wrote:
    > On Monday March 22, gibbs@scsiguy.com wrote:
    > > One suggestion that was recently raised was to present these changes
    > > in the form of an alternate "EMD" driver to avoid any potential
    > > breakage of the existing MD. Do you have any opinion on this?
    >
    > I seriously think the best long-term approach for your emd work is to
    > get it integrated into md. I do listen to reason and I am not
    > completely head-strong, but I do have opinions, and you would need to
    > put in the effort to convincing me.

    I completely agree that long-term, md and emd need to be the same.
    However, watching the pain that the IDE changes took in early 2.5, I'd
    like to see emd be merged alongside md for the short-term while the
    kinks get worked out, keeping in mind the desire to merge them
    together again soon as that happens.

    Thanks,
    Matt

    --