SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] lzf license
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 07:21:21PM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> If there are unavoidable reasons why the GPL is required, then I'd bite
> the bullet and dual-license it, in the hope that further bugfixes or
> modifications will be contributed under both licenses.

dual licensing is a LOT easier. Really; esp since it becomes GPL anyway sort
of when it's distributed as part of the kernel..
About bugfixes; I'd recommend using something like:

Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the
terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (the "GPL"), in which
case the provisions of the GPL are applicable instead of the
above. If you wish to allow the use of your version of this file
only under the terms of the GPL and not to allow others to use
your version of this file under the BSD license, indicate your decision
by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
and other provisions required by the GPL. If you do not delete
the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this
file under either the BSD or the GPL.

like the pcmcia code does; eg you say "if you send me stuff I assume it's
dual licensed too unless you indicate otherwise".

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.110 / U:0.108 seconds]