    SubjectRe: nonlinear swapping w/o pte_chains [Re: VMA_MERGING_FIXUP and patch]
    On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:44:59PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > + get_page(page);
    > +#endif
    > + unmap_pte_page(page, vma, address, ptep);
    ^^^^^^^ + offset

    I added some stuff in the shm threaded test program to verify
    correctness after swapin and it showed userspace mm corruption on the
    nonlinear pages, the above + offset is the fix.

    I also merged anobjrmap-6 from Hugh so ppc and ppc64 compiles fine (plus
    some other arch).

    Also the race in do_anonymous_page couldn't trigger, the callers of
    try_to_unmap always first check if the page is mapped after taking the
    page_map_lock, so I'm backing it out.

    The real race triggering such bug is that I'm not taking the
    page_map_lock for all the pages before unmapping them so the
    --page->mapcount aren't atomic while the page is unmapped by different
    address spaces at the same time from multiple cpus.

    It'll all be fixed in the next update.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.038 / U:50.316 seconds]