    SubjectRe: Non-Exec stack patches
    Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> wrote:

    > find attached a patch to parse the elf binaries for a PT_GNU_STACK
    > section to set the stack non-executable if possible.

    This patch propagates the PT_GNU_STACK setting into the vma flags, allowing
    the architecture to set the stack permissions non-executable if the
    architecture chooses to do that, yes?

    Which architectures are currently making their pre-page execute permissions
    depend upon VM_EXEC? Would additional arch patches be needed for this?

    This may not get past Linus of course. It doesn't even get past me with
    that magical undocumented -1/0/+1 value of the executable_stack argument.
    Please replace that with a proper, commented, #defined-or-enumerated value,
    thanks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.073 / U:60.348 seconds]