SubjectRe: OSS: cleanup or throw away
Date
On Monday 22 March 2004 21:22, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> In my not so humble opinion, throwing OSS away will be a big mistake,
> as long as there are people willing to maintain it. Keep it there and
> let the users (or distributions) choose what to use. I've seen
> multiple bug reports of cards that work with OSS and don't work with
> ALSA (and vice versa), so keeping both seems the proper thing to
> do. Personally, I maintain one OSS driver, and fix bugs in others
> occasionally.

Looking at the amount of warnings in the OSS drivers (depricated
check_region), the OSS drivers seem -with all respect for your hard work- not
so well maintained anymore. I'm willing to fix them all, but not if entire
OSS is ditched away Real Soon Now (tm).

Best regards,

Jos Hulzink

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.112 / U:1.224 seconds]