    SubjectRe: OSS: cleanup or throw away
    Date
    On Monday 22 March 2004 21:22, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
    > In my not so humble opinion, throwing OSS away will be a big mistake,
    > as long as there are people willing to maintain it. Keep it there and
    > let the users (or distributions) choose what to use. I've seen
    > multiple bug reports of cards that work with OSS and don't work with
    > ALSA (and vice versa), so keeping both seems the proper thing to
    > do. Personally, I maintain one OSS driver, and fix bugs in others
    > occasionally.

    Looking at the amount of warnings in the OSS drivers (depricated
    check_region), the OSS drivers seem -with all respect for your hard work- not
    so well maintained anymore. I'm willing to fix them all, but not if entire
    OSS is ditched away Real Soon Now (tm).

    Best regards,

    Jos Hulzink

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.039 / U:60.096 seconds]