SubjectACPI Shutdown 2.6.3
Dear LMKL users,

I'm experiencing a problem with ACPI and it's ability to shutdown the machine. I'm
currently using Debian GNU/Linux with the 2.6.3 kernel. Before I go on, if this is
the wrong type of material to post on this list, I apologize in advance. Kindly state
what I'm doing wrong and I will not make the same mistake.

The following information is about my mobo and BIOS:
Award Modular BIOS v6.0
04/29/2002 - SiS745
ASUS A7S333 ACPI BIOS rv 1006

When I run the shutdown command, the last thing I see is the following:
Power Down
acpi_power_off called
hwsleep_0265 [24] acpi_enter_sleep_state: Entering sleep state [S5]

Here is a result of 'grep -i acpi /var/log/kern.log'. After looking at the output, I
realized that there was a pattern. I am pasting all the lines that aren't repetitious.
http://www.dolda2000.com/~bpark/kern.log

This is just the output of dmesg:
http://www.dolda2000.com/~bpark/dmesg.txt

I am using the testing release of Debian along with acpid version 1.0.3-2. The funny
thing is, I have used Fedora Core 1 and even Windows 2000 with ACPI and have been
able to shutdown the machine without any problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bp

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.036 / U:0.364 seconds]