    SubjectRe: kgdb support in vanilla 2.6.2
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > George Anzinger <george@mvista.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Often it is not clear just why we are in the stub, given that
    >>we trap such things as kernel page faults, NMI watchdog, BUG macros and such.
    >

    > Yes, that can be confusing. A little printk on the console prior to
    > entering the debugger would be nice.

    That assumes that one can do a printk and not run into a lock. Far better
    IMNSHO is to provide a simple way to get it from gdb. One can then even provide
    a gdb macro to print the relevant source line and its surrounds. I my lighter
    moments I call this the comefrom macro :) In my kgdb it would look like:

    l * kgdb_info.called_from

    --
    George Anzinger george@mvista.com