SubjectRe: kgdb support in vanilla 2.6.2
Andrew Morton wrote:
> George Anzinger <george@mvista.com> wrote:
>
>> Often it is not clear just why we are in the stub, given that
>>we trap such things as kernel page faults, NMI watchdog, BUG macros and such.
>

> Yes, that can be confusing. A little printk on the console prior to
> entering the debugger would be nice.

That assumes that one can do a printk and not run into a lock. Far better
IMNSHO is to provide a simple way to get it from gdb. One can then even provide
a gdb macro to print the relevant source line and its surrounds. I my lighter
moments I call this the comefrom macro :) In my kgdb it would look like:

l * kgdb_info.called_from

--
George Anzinger george@mvista.com